Oh man, I love this dress! I mean, seriously, what can you do if you love stripes and jersey and you come along a fabric like that? It’s a light-weighted polo piqué, elastic but not growing, the creme colour is exactely the tone I do not look like your common dead body in so… there is no way around it, is it?
And guess what, I didn’t use my sloper dress pattern and altered it to my liking. This time I used the Burdastyle Sheath Dress for the benefit of french darts, made a muslin, altered it to fit my body (was not all too easy because the fitting of the sleeve caps alone drove me big time crazy) and got inspired by Colette’s Mod-ified Laurel Pocket Dress.
Yeah, I cannot just take a pattern and sew it, I just have to fiddle with everything. Keeps me going 😉 Anyway, I wish I’ve used Laurel because Colette’s instructions make it so easy to modify.
I still think the sleeves as well as the sleeve caps could be a tad tighter. There is way too much fabric under each armpit as you can see on the picture above. I already altered the sheesh out of these crazy sleeves but still… ack! Anyway, I’ll give the dress a good wash before I decide to open the seams again. Maybe they shrink a bit or let me say, I hope they do! 😉
I also have to think about making another light coloured slipdress because the one I have is showing under the neckline front. I really like wearing slipdresses instead of dresses with full lining. It is not only less time-consuming while sewing but you can also change the undergarment with the season.
I’m already planning another pocket dress, maybe without french seams this time, I’m just not sure about my fabric choice…, I bet linen would look awesome, black linen, nah, golden brown maybe… we’ll see!